Flavor of Diversity Lunch with CE Credit!
Monday, September 11, 2023 (11:30 AM - 2:15 PM) (EDT)
IN PERSON EVENT / CLASS
Program: Celebrate Diversity with Cultural Competency
Presenter: Roseann Farrow
Hours: 2 HRS CORE CE for Cultural Competency
Satisfies Cultural Competency Requirement for License Renewal
Want to grow your business and your professional image? Then join us to examine your cultural knowledge, attitude, and behavior. Learn critical tips and techniques about cross-cultural communication, business practices and customs in the amazing quilt of the USA. Re-brand yourself as the REALTOR® who actually celebrates diversity and inclusion!
Whether unintentional or subtle, housing discrimination is against the law. People have a right to live wherever they can afford to live, and REALTORS® have an obligation to protect that right.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the historical perspective of fair housing in the USA.
- Distinguish the “Buying Power” and trends of diverse markets throughout NYS and the USA.
- Identify “glocal” clues in their own marketplace.
- Evaluate the discriminatory effect of Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
- Describe cultural norms, preferences and challenges.
- Apply cultural and behavioral communication skills that enhance service and inclusion.
- Recognize roadblocks to embracing diversity and inclusion.
- Support the One America Principles and the NAR Fair Housing Declaration.
- List individual, personal and professional goals to insure equal and ethical services for all.